Reacting to RedBubble Store that Made Money FAST! (Product Research Tips & Tricks) - make money online

Reacting to RedBubble Store that Made Money FAST! (Product Research Tips & Tricks)

 - Hey, everyone.

And today I'm gonna be reacting to a viewer's
Redbubble store that started making sales
and earning money in passive income
within just four days of opening. Woohoo
And you know, reading this comment made me so happy
because there are two things in life
that always makes me smile.
The first is when anyone takes a moment
out of the very busy day to give these videos alike
and to subscribe,
because seriously, every time you give a video alike
it really helps this channel a lot.
So thank you so much for your support.
But the second thing is when people take a moment
out of their busy day to let me know
that my videos have helped them launch their business.
So congratulations to everybody on taking action.
So yes, for this video,
as Ry Ry is publicly advertising her store,
I decided to check it out and share my reactions
with all of you and see if I can help
everyone figure out why Ry Ry was successful immediately.
Yet these people are still struggling.
What did Ry Ry do that they did not?
And I think the lessons
that you're gonna take away from this video
will apply to any type of print on demand business
that you are building.
Even if like me, you don't sell on a third-party marketplace
and you've created your own print-on-demand store privately.
The lessons in this video of creating winning products
should apply to everyone.
All right.
So when I first saw that Ry Ry
was advertising her store publicly,
I immediately went to check it out
and see the cool products that she was creating and selling.
So here was my first reaction,
when I started browsing the products
by just looking at these products,
I could immediately figure out which two designs
were Ry Ry's top-selling products, and why they sold well,
and one of those products I genuinely really liked
because as you will see in this video,
I'm actually a part of the target niche audience for it.
Now you might be thinking,
Sarah, you don't have access to Ry Ry's seller dashboard.
How are you supposed to know
which are her two top-selling products on Redbubble?
And you would be right.
I don't have access to it.
So I can't know for certain 100%,
which are her top-selling products,
but I can definitely make some educated guesses.
The very first thing that you can do
is see which products Redbubble show you
at the very top of the store's results.
So usually Redbubble's algorithm will showcase products
that are selling because from Redbubble's perspective,
if a product has sold well before,
it's probably going to sell well again.
So they're more likely to convert you to a sale
by emphasizing products that have already been proven
to sell well by placing them at the top.
But this isn't a guarantee of course.
So what you want to do is come and sort the products
by trending and Redbubble will now sort the products
that is getting the most attention.
And if you're an eagle eye viewer out there
paying close attention,
you've probably noticed something, haven't you?
When you sort the products by both trending and the default,
which is the most relevant,
there are only two products that stay stuck
in the first line of results.
The Mother Mary design and the beach design.
So, chat, these are the two top-selling products,
but that isn't oh,
there is a third step that we can take to confirm this.
When you first open up a Redbubble store,
you'll see the products and the store on the homepage,
but there is a separate way to look for products
and see the designs just by themselves.
So just come and open up the explore designs page.
And here you can see the different base pictures
and slogans that a store has uploaded.
So you can easily and quickly find new products
that you like from a store to buy.
Well on this page here, we can now change
how Redbubble sorts these
to show us the best selling designs.
And when we do that,
there are two designs that we see once again,
stickied at the top of the results, isn't there?
Surprise, surprise. It's these two designs again.
Clearly, guys, I'm just one step away
from being Sherlock Holmes.
So what were my reactions to these top two selling designs?
Well, I'm gonna be brutally honest.
I'm not Catholic.
So this design here of mother Mary
was not something that really jived with me,
but just because I'm not a Catholic
That doesn't mean I wasn't impressed
with Ry Ry's ingenuity and hustle.
See people often ask me this question,
Sarah, I just want to know
what are the best niches to sell in?
Just tell me that, please.
And every time someone asks me that question,
my response is, well, I can't tell you
what the best niches are to sell in.
And that's because in my opinion,
when it comes to print on demand,
the best niches for most people to sell in,
are niches that they are passionate about.
You see the store here, it's a print on demand store,
I run privately with Shopify.
This store is very specific
and in a niche, I'm extremely passionate about.
Not only is it more personally rewarding
for me to sell products I love,
but it's also much easier
because when I'm designing products to sell,
I can use myself as a yardstick.
And by the way,
if you would like to learn even more
about how I run my print on demand business,
then you should be sure to download my free ebook,
"The Six Steps that Six-Figure Online Stores Follow
to Make Over $10,000 a month."
And you'll find a link to download that ebook
in the video description below.
But yes, as someone who is passionate about my niche,
I can ask myself, okay, this product I've created.
If someone else had made it, would I still want to buy it?
And if the answer is yes, then yay.
It is a good design. But if the answer is no,
then it is not a good enough design to try to sell.
So for example,
as our whole tier of subscribers know, by now surely,
I am a massive dog person.
And actually, I have some very exciting news.
I've been chatting with a Swedish Vallhund breeder,
who has agreed to let me adopt
one of their beautiful puppies later this year.
I'm so excited to become a fur baby mama.
So yes, as a fur baby mama to be
I'm super passionate about dogs,
it means that I am the target market for a dog t-shirt.
So if I was wanting to make a dog t-shirt for Redbubble,
I could say to myself,
okay, what do I want on a t-shirt that is currently
not being offered by these sellers already.
I can use myself as a yardstick for judging
where gaps exist in the marketplace.
But I was to venture into the cat niche.
I can't do that because sure, do I like cats? Obviously.
I mean, who doesn't like cats?
But am I passionate about cats
that I would buy a t-shirt? No.
So I can't say to myself,
okay, well, what cat t-shirt doesn't exist
that I would buy.
I can't use myself to find gaps in the marketplace.
And as you will see, this is what Ry Ry successfully did.
And it's my guess that these people
probably didn't try to strategically do this either
because I'll be honest,
most people just randomly upload designs.
If I asked them, how was your design better
than what's already on the marketplace?
They probably couldn't give me an answer.
And that's a big problem.
Almost as big of a problem as creating designs
and uploading them while drunk.
But I digress, but yes.
Scrolling through Ry Ry's store.
I can tell she is genuine quite a dedicated Catholic.
So it's no wonder she was able to come up with a design
that people wanted.
However, as I see it, I am not Catholic.
So I can't really tell you too much
about my reactions to it.
But this second design here,
the ocean is a design that I am the target market for.
So I can talk more about it.
And actually, I'm just gonna go ahead
and put on my detective hat again for a moment
and show you something that's pretty cool.
So we can actually tell which product
their design is selling the best on.
You see if we come back to the products tab,
here are our top two designs in the top corner.
It's the mother Mary on a pillow
and the ocean picture on a bath mat.
Well, if we refresh the page, something interesting happens.
You'll see Redbubble has changed,
which product is featuring mother Mary on
to be the hardcover notebook,
but not the product feature in the ocean picture.
It's still a bathmat.
So why does one product change, but not the other?
Well, there are two things that we can gather from this.
One is that Redbubble has seen
that the mother Mary design has sold
on multiple different products.
So it doesn't know yet
which one is the best to showcase, to maximize sales.
So the algorithm is switching it up.
And two, because of the historical data,
Redbubble sees that this is the product
that the ocean design is selling the best on.
So it's always choosing the bathmat.
So we know that it's the bath mat for this design
that has been selling well.
There's also a possibility that Ry Ry selected the bathmat
always be the product shown, which you can actually do
when uploading products to Redbubble.
Although my guess is if she did this,
she did so because this is the product
that is selling the best.
And frankly, I'm not surprised
because my first reaction when I saw this
was, "That's awesome. I love it."
If someone said to me,
"Here Sarah have this as a gift,"
and I unwrapped it and found this bathmat,
I'd be like, "Yeah, that's pretty cool.
I'm actually going to use this. Thank you."
Why, well it's because this bathmat does something
that as I've discussed before on this channel
is extremely important when it comes to getting sales.
And that is creating products that trigger emotions.
Growing up, my mother was one of those people
that like to theme our bathrooms around beaches.
So having a beach theme bathroom, is very nostalgic me.
So seeing this bathmat triggers that nice,
nostalgic feeling for me and I want it.
Creating great products that people love
that fill a customer's need is something I discussed
in my premium e-commerce training course
at ECOMM clubhouse.
And if you're interested in seeing
if that course is right for you,
I'll have a link to it in the video description below.
And I've just got to say that word, "Beach"
is so hard for me to say in my New Zealand accent,
that swaps e's for i's.
So just to clarify guys, when I say beach,
I mean this type of beach, not this type of biche.
But yes, this design, triggered nostalgia in me,
but that wasn't the only reason
why it triggered emotions in me.
The second reason why it did
is because this bathmat features a rocky beach
and not a sandy beach.
And this is key.
Now you might be thinking,
"Gee, Sarah, this feels really random to point out,
literally who cares if it's a rocky or sandy beach?"
Well, I'll tell you why it matters.
You watch TV and guess what you'll see.
Nice white sandy beaches, the cliche white sandy beaches,
how they are usually portrayed in media and art
except, well in New Zealand, we don't have many of these.
Nope. Most of our beaches are rocky.
In New Zealand, it's not exactly an anomaly.
There are many places around the world
where rocky beaches are standard.
And well, obviously, if I want to create
a themed bathroom around beaches,
then I want it to look like the beaches
that actually exists outside my house.
Not a beach I'd find halfway around the world in Miami.
But here's the interesting thing,
you can see what tags someone has used
in their product listing.
So if you come to the bottom of their product page,
you'll see it.
And one tag that Ry Ry has used is ocean,
which means that Redbubble will automatically generate
a bonus tag, ocean bathmat.
Well, if we click on it,
we can see which bathmats are ranking for this keyword.
I.e which bathmats have sold recently
that have also been tagged.
And of course, on the first page of results is Ry Ry's,
which is really cool considering
how new the store is and confirming to us
that yes, despite the fact that this is a new product,
it has sold recently, which shows that new sellers
can indeed start making money on Redbubble.
But secondly, if you look closely at the other bathmats,
you'll see that none of them showcase rocky beaches,
some of them feature waves.
Some of them feature sandy beaches
and some of them feature showers.
And some of them feature animals
that you'd expect to see at the ocean
like octopuses and sea horses.
But the only one that shows a rocky oceanfront is Ry Ry's.
So it's easy to see why even though Ry Ry's product was new,
it was able to stand out in a crowded market.
She took a niche market and she found a group of people
that did not have products available for them
that meet their needs.
And she creates the product for them.
And it's my recommendation
that you want to make this your goal
when creating products for places like Redbubble.
Don't just copy what others do,
try and find your own twist to it.
So did this video help you?
If it did, please hit subscribe for more great videos
about creating print on demand businesses
and hit that little notification bell
so that you don't miss out on any of my videos.
And if you'd like to learn even more
about designing top selling t-shirts,
then you should be sure to watch my video,
"10 Tips for Designing T-Shirts That Sell."

No comments:

Post a Comment