Ultimate Pinterest Ads Tutorial 2021 [Full Step by Step Guide] - make money online

Ultimate Pinterest Ads Tutorial 2021 [Full Step by Step Guide]

hello everybody Corbin here from the zoo
marketing and i
am really excited about today's video
today we're I'm going to be giving you a
step
a to z on how to run Pinterest ads we're
going to start from the very beginning
on creating the first ad in the
campaign and running through all the
settings for you
so be sure to tune in I'll have time
timestamps down below
on the different settings if you want to
jump around on whatever questions you
may have specifically for Pinterest ads
but let's jump right into this on how to
get your first ad running so
the first thing you'll see is I'm on one
of my Pinterest accounts that I have
here
this is a daily blog that I just have a
a lot of fun with
um but we're going to come over here to
ads and then we're going to click
on creating an ad so that's the first thing
that we're going to want to do
is come over here to this settings now
when we come inside of
the ads manager so to speak you'll
notice that there are three different
objectives so the first one is to build
awareness the second one is to drive
consideration
and the third one is to get conversion
so obviously the
the objectives of these are a lot
different this is more top of funnel
actions building brand awareness and if
you just want to get your name out there
but don't want to get sales this is if
you want to get like
traffic to your website um just get as
much traffic as you can
uh that's essentially the purpose of
driving consideration and the last one
is to
get conversion which is actually to sell
products or to get leads or whatever it
maybe now
if you want to run git conversions you
will have to set up your tick-tock or
sorry
You pick your Pinterest pixel and
you'll have to set up conversion events
I do have tutorials on how to do that if
you're on Shopify or
on um WordPress down below because
you'll notice if I come in here and i
click on conversions
if you see something like this then
you'll need to go and follow those
tutorials
and show you how to actually set up your
conversion actions before you can run
um conversion campaigns so I'm not going
to get into that in this video just
because I already have videos for those
um but I will talk about how to set this
up through a drive consideration
the campaign which most of you will probably
start out with
and what I and it is what I do recommend
starting out with and then as you get
more conversions then start optimizing
for these conversion events inside of
here for these two um these
I very rarely recommend people going
this route unless you're like a very big
brand
just trying to build awareness most of
the time you're going to want to
actually um
have profitable Pinterest ads and these
these two options
the way to do that here you're just
going to spend a lot of money and get a
a lot of impressions but maybe not as many
sales or leads or whatever maybe so
um now we need to go through and give
this a campaign name so I'm just going
to call this
test call this test for
youtube for all of you out there
watching
um and then the next thing is a campaign
the status we're going to have this active
so here what we're going to want to do
is this daily
and lifetime budget typically i
recommend doing a daily budget and if
you're just starting off or just
experimenting with Pinterest you can
start for as little as five dollars a
day or ten dollars a day
um in some cases so uh we can just keep
this right now for five dollars um keep
it really easy
and then add schedule you can run it
continuously which is typically what i
do or if you have a certain campaign
that has an end date
and you or you're one of those people
that forget that the ads are running or
to pause them
then definitely make sure to run an end
date but we're just gonna do run
continuously here
and that is everything on this page
we're gonna hit continue all right and
here we are at the ad group level and
for the ad group name, I'll typically
come back and name this after I've done
through gone through and
set up all the targeting options and
you'll notice here the first thing
you'll see is targeting details
and uh there are a few different options
inside of here in this targeting
strategy so you can either
reconnect with users so that means your
current customers
remarking list customer list essentially
that you can go through and select this
and upload those lists inside there
or you can target new customers and this
is targeting basically by placements
by audiences and by keywords
or uh interest sorry interest that
you'll be targeting so that's the option
we're going to go through over for this
video
if you do want to run customer lists
just uh simply select this option and
then upload that list inside there
pretty easy to do but we're going to go
through finding new customers so
we've selected that inside there the
The next thing we're going to want to do is
come over here to keywords and
interest and we can add an audience list
on top of there as well if we would like
but I don't recommend it if you are
going to run audience lists go with this
option
to reconnect with users and keep those
campaigns separate but we're going to
come to keywords and interest we're
going to click this down
and for today's ad, we're going to be
marketing and uh
I'm an affiliate for a product that's a
smart
smart home uh curtain opener and I'll
show you the adhere in a second what
that looks like but
I want to basically find people who are
interested in smart home uh
smart home-related gadgets so that I can
run this ad to them so we're gonna hit
here smart home and then whenever you
click this sometimes it just drops you
right down but we will actually want to
do more targeting than this we don't
want to just be smart home because
you see the monthly active ads audiences
for this is only 10
000 people, so it's very very small so we
actually want to
also, add keywords inside of here and I'm
going to um
uh paste in some keywords that I've and
like I said it's really annoying it like
drops you down every time so
sorry that that keeps happening but um i
dropped in some keywords here
for um the for searches that I would
want to show up when people are looking
for my product or service
and as you see now that we're in a more
uh
a better range than I would like to be
in and plan it in that middle
between narrow and broad uh 150 000 or
120 000 people
monthly active audiences inside of here
as you see we have smart home gadgets
cool smart home hacks
um if you come through here you can
actually, figure out how many people are
searching for these things so if i
type in this one right here smart home
ideas you can see um
inside of it gives you just so smart
ideas 5 million-plus
there is a lot inside here are
like related keywords essentially
so if you wanted to go through and find
more in there so I'm just trying to
think if there are any other ones that
would be good for us
because they do recommend a minimum of
25 000 which makes sense because you
want to
um basically show up as many places as
possible for the specific
specific search terms but I'm not going
to add any smart ideas
that's a little too broad for me um but
this is a way to go through and do that
keyword research
I'm happy with the six that I have right
here for now and this audience size
like I said if you wanted to add more
they do recommend up to 25 inside there
and in my experience, it doesn't
really matter as long as you're
you're not too narrow of an audience now
the next thing is to go through
and select our demographics now um uh
why does that keep happening it just
keeps bumping me down so
uh I don't care I want to target male
and female but for me
I do want to target a specific age range
because most likely people who are
going to be buying this is going to be
homeowners
and so I do like to advertise the people
are 21 plus just because generally
speaking
those people that are going to behave
houses inside there so we're going to um
uh hit 21 plus inside of this uh option
inside of here and then we
will target all u.s locations English
devices you can pick a specific device
like you've done that if you want to for
me I will target all devices
and then the last thing down here is um
ad placement
so uh for your ad placement
sorry that keeps going down there um
you'll notice that there are two
different places that you show up the
browse and the search
and what that means is if you come over
here to Pinterest and you come just to
your home screen
this is essentially the browsing ads let
I show you a couple of examples inside
of here so
if we scroll down and find one of the
promoted ads you'll notice here lowe's
here's a promoted ad so this is the
browse feature I'm just on my home
screen and I'm browsing through
Pinterest
and finding different things and that's
definitely somewhere where we will want
to show up
so we're going to leave that one checked
and then the other one inside of here
you'll notice
is search and that's for when somebody
actually types in a specific keyword
so say that I come in here to Pinterest
and I type in
[Music]
let's see let's just say backsplash
go through here and I'm sure we will see
ads showing up right here the home depot
right away
they're showing me an ad for backsplash
so home depot is actually bidding on
this term
backsplash and it's showing upright
there so that's the difference between
those two
if you are running these ads I do
recommend keeping both of them checked
um there are very few cases where you'll
want to only have one or the other
um showing inside of there now the last
thing is forbidding and customizations
um I've been testing out the bidding
strategies for automatic and for custom
I don't have an answer on which one is
better yet I've had mixed results so i
do recommend you coming through and
testing this for yourself
I will say that for the custom bid
controls average cost per click
on Pinterest is around 10 cents to a
dollar fifty
which I know is a pretty big range
inside of there so if you're just
starting off I do recommend coming in
at you know a lower bid seeing
if you're getting impressions and if
you're not then come back and increase
that bid
later on um uh as you go so don't start
off with like a super high bid because
Pinterest will spend your money and
maybe the results won't be great
for me I'm going to start I like to
start around 20 cents if it's a brand
new campaign and I don't have any data
inside of there 20
to 50 cents is probably a good a good
way to go now for
the actual pins there are a couple
different things you can do you can
actually come through and create
um a new pin and the ad for that
specifically
or you can go to the pins that you've
created or pin before and actually pull
it directly from here so we're going to
come here over here to boards
and I'm going to go to this smart home
gadgets and as you see I just have a
little
video on how to set up these smart
curtains which are actually really cool
to do and uh so cool gadgets for the home
we're going to select this right here
and there's our ad if you come in here
it's sending as you can see it's sending
directly to this referral link that i
have inside of here and I wonder if i
can play this video for you so you can
see kind of what's like nope
I guess you have to check out that my
Pinterest account and look at that video
if you wanted to see what that looks
like
we're going to hit cancel here so there
is our ad it's all ready to go and like
I said now that we've done the targeting
I do like to come back over here to the
ad group and this is going to be
smart home users or smart home
interests um
our home interest and then we want
keyword targeting keywords as well
so that way I know that it's a smart home
interest and people who are also
searching for those keywords inside of
there
that is all done our targeting is done
our budgeting and schedule optimization
delivery and then we have our ad
now we are going to simply uh hit
publish
once we hit publish we'll see something
like congrats your ad is published
ready to go um oh we do need to add
billing information so I'm going to go
through and fill out this billing
information and get this campaign live
uh going forward I do plan to create a
lot more Pinterest ads related content
and Pinterest organic strategies as well
so if Pinterest is something you are
interested in
don't forget to subscribe to the channel
because I will be building out a lot
more
tutorials on how to do that and thanks
for checking out the video today
and we'll see you in the next one

 

No comments:

Post a Comment