jeff bezos net worth । 5 Minutes for the NEXT 50 Years of Your LIFE - make money online

jeff bezos net worth । 5 Minutes for the NEXT 50 Years of Your LIFE

 people have very high standards

how they want their work-life to be and
I said look
if you can get your work life to be
where you enjoy
half of it that is amazing because very
few people
ever achieve that because the truth is
everything comes with overhead that's
reality everything comes with pieces
that you don't like
you could be a supreme court justice and
there's still going to be pieces of your
the job you don't like
every job comes with pieces you don't
like and we need to say
that's part of it you have to figure out
how to
set up your life in such a way that you
can minimize the things
and I find people don't dislike hard
work
what people dislike and what is being
out of control like they can't control
their life they can't control their
environment
this happens to me when I get over
scheduled
I hate being over-scheduled I want some
time
to be able to think and free me we
all have the same amount of time in the
world
nobody has more time than anybody else
and when you become a very successful
person
one of the things you start to get over
scheduled
so a young person starting their career
I think
there are probably a lot of things some
of them are very well known and people
have heard them many times they're still
true
one of those that you should always
focus on a young person should
find something that they're passionate
about to do
and that's not going to surprise anyone
it's a clear thing to do it's very
hard if you don't love your work you're
never going to be great at it
the other thing I would suggest to any
young person
even before they start their career is
to really think about their
choices because I find
young people and I when I was young i
had I made this mistake too
you can get very fixed on your
gifts so everybody has gifted you know
you you
have gifts and you have things that you
didn't get gifted maybe you're
extremely beautiful maybe you're
extremely good at mathematics
maybe there are a lot of things that
you can be given
but those things can confuse you because
they're not the things that construct
your life it's your choices
that construct your life not your gifts
you can celebrate your gifts be proud of
them be happy of them
actually don't be proud of them and be
celebratory of them but you can't be
proud
because they're gifts they were given to
you you didn't earn them
you can only be proud of the things you
earn and so
as I got older I started to realize i
wasn't proud of my
gifts I was always good at school school
was always easy for me
and I was always proud that I was a
great student I got a's in all my
classes
I was good at math all of that and i
thought
I thought that's who I was but it's not
true
those are the things that are gifts what
was hard for me is deciding to work hard
deciding to use my gifts in certain ways
to challenge me to do things that i
didn't think I could do to put myself in
uncomfortable situations
we all get I would say to a young person
you can choose a life
of ease and comfort or you can choose a
life
of service and adventure which one of
those when you're 90 years old are you
going to be more proud of
my advice would be the same for any kind
of
entrepreneur and that is making sure
that you are focused on something you're
passionate about
so if you look at the early internet
companies
they were started and focused on doing
something that they thought was very
interesting long before the internet was
fashionable in any way um you know I i
you know we are currently an underdog
once again we've been in business for
six years and there was exactly one year
where we were
not the underdog and that was 1999. i
like the
the underdog years because it makes uh
you know I liked it when all the people
we hired their parents told them they
were crazy
like that was the that was kind of the
good era fortunately it's back
in 1999 all the parents were like you
know giving their
brothers and sisters high fives you know
my son is working at amazon.com
so that's a very uh you can't
follow the fashion when you're trying to
do a startup company or I think really
anything in life
but you have to as an entrepreneur if
you're gonna if you're gonna build a
company
pick something you think is interesting
that has the intersection of
genuinely creating real customer value
and then just stay right there and let
the wave catch you
whatever it is that you want to do
there's going to be a risk in your life
and risk is a necessary component of
progress
you can make any pioneering movements in
the world
of any kind whether they be the
geographical
physical exploration that I've just been
talking about or whether it be
you know a more cerebral exploration of
a scientific
field or I bet you could ask that
question of
every speaker here and I bet that every
the speaker here has taken substantial risks
uh whether it be intellectual or
otherwise
to achieve what their you know what
they've done
[Music]
you

No comments:

Post a Comment